vacation!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 |
Yay for vacation! After a very tough month I'm happy to have some bona fide time off to spend with my family and friends.....ESPECIALLY over the holidays!  In addition, the way my December schedule worked out made it such that essentially the entire month of December is vacation :) Yay!!!

The ironic thing about my vacation is that 2 days in, Ryan headed back to work!  This is extremely exciting, though! Ryan signed on to work as the Director of Construction Operations at Lawson Construction Group, a Construction Management company here in town run by an old co-worker.  He is SO excited about this new change and is loving the variety and adventure that this new job holds.  I am so happy to see him so happy :)

Emma continues to keep us in stitches and totally enamored.  She is just shy of 11 months old.  HOW did this happen???!!!  She's very verbal and mobile these days.  "Baby" is her favorite word and she loves pretending to talk on the phone.  She sings loudly and proudly while we ride in the car and loves to dance in the living room.  She has so much energy and SO much personality.  She's a little rascal and keeps us on our toes! She's loving eating "big girl food" and is starting to refuse her bottle on a regular basis.  I can sometime trick her into drinking her milk if I put it into a sippy cup :) She's working on her walking skills and I sometimes just stare at her and think.....this little magical person is all ours!!! I can't believe that we are already planning her FIRST BIRTHDAY party....oh my!
                 
goofball!
oh good, a murphy girl who likes to do dishes!
mmmmm chili!!!!!
I had minor surgery this morning to correct a bunion that I've had since I was little....glamorous I know! It's been painful for some time and just got worse when I was pregnant with Emma.  It was finally time when it just got too hard to walk/exercise without lots of pain.  It's not exactly how I wanted to spend vacation but my schedule is pretty jam packed and we figured it would be better to do this with one munchkin running around as opposed to two! ;)

It gives me an excuse to catch up on all my favorite blogs, do some baking, photo editing, catch up on sleep, and do some serious online christmas shopping.....perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...