random acts of randomness

Thursday, December 16, 2010 |
Lots of randomness to post today.  The holidays do that to me, I guess!  First some very exciting news to report....our friends, Brian and Tiffany Sheehan, had an early visit from Santa this year.  Their baby girl, Madison, was due 12/31 but she just couldn't wait that long to meet her parents and came early this Tuesday.  I was lucky enough to meet her yesterday and she is just as beautiful as she can be.  She has that sweet newborn smell, makes the cutest soft coos, and has a full head of black hair! She's perfect and healthy and the new family is just busting at the seams with joy. Can't think of a BETTER Christmas present!!  Brings back so many wonderful memories :)



I'm still recovering from surgery a little over a week ago. Here is my foot in all it's busted glory.  What you can't see, thankfully, is the metal pin sticking OUT of my foot! Oy! This came as a surprise to me when we went for the first post-op visit.  I've seen alot in my tenure as a medical student and now MD but this actually made me a little sick to my stomach....I have a Franken-foot! Stitches out on Monday, pin out the following week....yikes!  For now I'm all bandaged up and sporting a really sexy stylish orthopedic shoe. Ladies, try and contain your raging jealousy.




Here is my Ryan hard at work in his makeshift home office.  Our real office is totally jam packed with the contents of our old bedroom because the remodel is in full swing.  As I type there is a jackhammer busting up our slab as the plumbers lay new pipes....SO exciting.  Ryan has been pushed out into the kitchen area.  It's so fun to see him learn the ropes of the new job and to watch him get excited about all the new things he is learning.  He stays very busy but he's around much more if that makes sense....it makes his girls very happy :)  We'll probably spend the weekend trying to make some space for him in the actual office.
SOMEone is excited about Christmas!
Emma is staying busy as a little bee! This bean has so much energy, she runs circles around Ryan and I! She's our personal trainer, I like to joke :)
I live for that sweet face with those chub cheeks and button nose!!!
She's learning to walk which is simultaneously terrifying and exciting! She cruises around like a champ and loves this activity center on wheels that she can push around the house and practice her walking skills!  She can stand without assistance but usually only does it if no one is watching....I think she's a tad scared of the possibility of tumbling down so usually only lets go for a few seconds before she's grabbing on to something.  It's just so fun to watch her learn and put it all together :) 
Presents? For MEEEE?? Her investigations of all the Christmas decor in our house have begun...
love that sweet little first freckle

She was very interested in the velcro on my ortho shoe and spend a good 10 minutes playing with the tabs.  She gave me some pretty hysterical looks like "what the HECK is this, mom??"
We have bells hanging on all of our main doorways and Emma has discovered them as she does most things with a serious noise component.  Jingle all the way, baby girl :)

She was very interested in helping mommy dust yesterday and took to taking care of the entry doorway. Look at those knees!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and loving the cold weather and holiday season! I'm loving having some time off to really spend around the house, piddling around, doing random things (like this blog post), catching up on ME time and family/friend time.  As horrible as it sounds, the post-surgery recovery is really forcing me to slow down and sit still so it's been nice in an unexpected way.  I'm taking it easy this morning and then spending the afternoon working on a case report for work.  I'm working hard on a very recent and very exciting professional development which I'm not at liberty to share yet.....but if and when it works out, I'll be shouting from the rooftops.  It could pan out to be something wonderful....and I have faith that if it's meant to be it will be.  Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Happy Thursday, everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...