embrace the camera

Thursday, December 23, 2010 |



i love reading blogs. especially blogs written by moms about their lives and their families. i always get a good laugh and can TOTALLY relate.  a good cup of coffee and a skim through my fave blogs is part of my daily ME time ritual :) one of my favorite blogs, The Anderson Family, is written by a mother of 4 sweet kiddos. she does a post every thursday called "Embrace the Camera" which i have really taken to. (it helps that she is a phenomenal professional photographer and always captures the most beautiful and candid moments with her kids).  she encourages others to follow her lead. the point of ETC in her own words is this:
do you have pictures of yourself, with your little people?
in this day and age of the "momarazzi", many of us are always behind the lens...rather in front of it.
some of you feel much more comfy behind the lens, and i get that.
look, you think i want pictures of myself in the same velour jogging suit for the 3rd day in a row {i slept in that jogging suit each night too---i know, gross, right?}
well, i don't really want those pictures...but my kids do---or, at least they will one day.
how many of you LOVE looking at pictures of your parents, when they were young{er}?
i'm raising my hand!
sadly, i don't have a lot of pictures with me and my mom from when i was younger.
i am off to change this for my kids.
i want them to have an abundance of pictures...to remind them of these days that we spent at home together.
the days may seem to drag...but honestly, the years fly.
is my son really about to graduate...from kindergarten?
wasn't it yesterday that i was wiping his diapered bottom?  and now i am wiping his pee up from all around the toilet. embrace the pee.
and embrace the camera.

i LOVE this. i love everything about it. i'm totally a momarazzi (!!!) - behind the camera snapping like a crazy person trying to get emma in action or pics of she and her daddy (swoon!) or other friends and family members. i admit shamelessly i took a camera with me the first time we went to publix with emma as a newborn {dork}.  the fourteen THOUsand photos taken since emma's birth speak for themselves. truth be told, i think this behavior is quite normal for a first time mom thank you very much. but, i digress....

it hit me a while ago that i don't have alot of me and her alone and that made me sad (just like i don't have many of my mom and i when i was younger). i came upon this blog post and thought the concept was perfect!! so....here we are....our first of hopefully many camera embracing moments! i don't promise to look pretty or put together because that isn't the point.....i DO promise to be happy and loving on my beanie (and hopefully NOT wiping up pee). :) enjoy!!!




{alright mom, enough!}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...