tgi weekend

Friday, December 2, 2011 |
holy increasing caffeine requirements, batman! just when ben decides to sleep through the night....his SISTER, who has been sleeping 12+ hours a night for over a year, thought it would be fun to wake up at 4:30 all bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.  oh my my. i'm surprised my eyes are even open right now...but it's been a while since my last post so i'm hanging in there for a few more minutes! you're welcome ;)

we have lots planned for the weekend!  we are hoping to get our christmas tree and decorate the house.  we're also planning on starting to make the transition from pack n play to the big boy crib with ben.  i have some light work responsibilities coming up in the middle of the month and i want to start the transition before that happens.

another thing on the list is an amateur photo shoot for our holiday card.  i saw this shot on pinterest and was immediately inspired to do something fun with a rustic feel.  with, of course, the kids as the focus....i just liked the fun feel of this photo complete with the large christmas lights.  i'll be sure to post our version and see how close we come.  i have a few more ideas up my sleeve and thought this would be a fun time to experiment! :)

haleysheffield.com

still fighting a losing battle with "balance".  still finding it hard to make time for myself but hey, isn't selflessness and sacrifice what mommyhood is all about?  i am, however, looking forward to the new year and trying to carve out new ways to find time for all the things in my life.  speaking of, i was so excited to have a few hours to spend with 2 of my favorite people this week.  my best friend, elisa, turned the wonderful and fabulous age of 30 and we thought it the perfect night for a ladies night.  she, corie, and i piled into a booth at Leos 706 and had the most wonderful birthday dinner.  a few glasses of shiraz, yummy dinner, a decadent {and calorie free...for there are no calories on your bday, for you OR your friends!}, and the most amazing dinner conversation.   i talk about this on the blog alot ~ how i don't have enough time in my day for the everyday things let alone enough time for my small group of great girlfriends. we are all so busy with our everyday lives, each so different, that we don't see enough of each other.  despite the things that keep us occupied outside one another's company....we are always here for one another and pick up right where we left off when we get together.  they are both so beautiful inside and out and who are making a name for themselves....who make me proud not only of them but of myself as well.  we had a lot of catching up to do and it was just such a bright spot in my week :)

now that it is december, i feel it fair to get wrapped up in all things holiday.  i love this time of year and i'm not shy about it.  to that end, i'll leave you with the following video.  got me in the holiday spirit, put a smile on my face, and made me want to dance.....how can you beat that?!


TGIWeekend!!! {sorry for the lack of photos tonight....caffeine has worn off and it is this mommy's bedtime!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...