sweet surprise

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 |
my mom and I took Emma to the salon today. she's been in need of a trim for a while. i've trimmed her hair twice on my own...the first time more successful than the second. ;)

i've put off taking her to the "big girl" salon mostly just because of time but I also think a small part of me doesn't want to accept that my little baby is actually old enough to do things like that!! how did my newborn princess suddenly become almost 2 years old???

prepared for her to be, what we say in the medical field, "noncompliant" with some stranger near her head with scissors....my mom and I came armed with a lollipop, her favorite book, and her new play makeup. we ooh'd and aah'd over the "princess haircut" Emma was about to get. we dressed he in her favorite princess shirt and told her how special this "big girl" trip would be.

well, apparently she bought it! where I was expecting a meltdown....i got laughter and excitement instead. she was on top of the world. she sat happily in my lap and watched proudly as little bits of hair sprinkled down. when all was said and done...she got her "princess haircut" and her lollipop.




i got one sweet surprise :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...