downtime

Sunday, November 13, 2011 |
this may be the first moment of silence i've had all weekend. as i sit here enjoying a glass of "mommy juice" as little miss calls it i'm in a little bit of disbelief that tomorrow is monday! our house is reasonably clean, emma is snuggled warm in her bed, and little ben is resting comfortably in his vibrating bouncy chair watching his daddy cook a late dinner.  i am sitting lazily here typing away in a much deserved break....the most taxing thing on my plate being juggling watching The Next Iron Chef while simultaneously blogging ;)

it's been a rough few days.  i'm starting to feel the heat of my new found role of mother to two.  my children are my world and i drop everything for them.  having enough time for all of my life's responsibilities is definitely a challenge....and i haven't even gone back to work yet! i'm finding it very very hard to have any time for myself or any time to relax....and i'm not talking glamourous things or long expanses of time....i'm talking simple things like an uninterrupted shower or 30 minutes to just run.  those are luxuries in the world of a mommy, i get it.  but, having a little me time now and again is important to sanity. and sanity is important for parenting....at least the kind of parenting i'm aspiring to ;)

my family and my husband, though, are helping me out and coming to my rescue. i went for my first postpartum run this weekend. it was slow and awkward but i didn't think about anything other than my feet hitting the pavement. i took an afternoon nap with emma on saturday and melted into the bed like it was a cloud....it was the most restful sleep i've gotten in i don't even know how long and while it was short it was oh so sweet.

these kids....i can't even describe what they do to me.  weekend mornings are my favorite time in the world these days....the four of us lounging lazily around the house.  emma prances around giving a constant commentary on the world according to her.  she is so talkative and vibrant and i love what a chatty little sweet pea she is. ben is filling out and becoming more responsive by the day. we've discovered that he LOVES to "exercise" (i.e. have his legs wiggled) on his playmat and will actually smile and make noises that sound decidedly like laughter! his little face lights up and i can see that personality starting to peek out.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...