groundhog day

Thursday, June 30, 2011 |
my life officially feels like groundhog's day right now. this night rotation is KILLing me. while i guess it's not all that surprising, 12 hour nighttime shifts are hard, folks! (no offense to anyone, we all have hard jobs.  but, 12 hours a night, 6 nights a week, 6 months pregnant, and with an energetic toddler at home! insane!) it's not like a regular workday where you get home, decompress, and have some free time. i literally get home, snuggle for a few minutes with my little ladybug, see her off to school and then pass out. i've been waking up around 3:30 or so.....and i immediately shower, hop in the car, and go get my little lady so i have a few hours with her before i head out the door for work. annnnnd repeat. over and over. i think i'm going a little bit batty.
the good news is, only 1 shift left. that still feels like a lifetime...but only 1 shift left. god give me the strength ;)
ryan is, as always, my rock. i'm worthless when it comes to anything other than sleeping, eating, and kissing on my lovies. i tried to do some laundry the other day when i got home and just didn't have the strength. like, didn't have the strength to fold clothes....that's how tired i am! he takes care of all the essential everyday survival basics in our house right now. he cleans up after me when i leave my clothes in a heap on the floor because i'm too exhausted to do anything else. he rescues a cereal bowl from my hands because he can see in my eyes that i just can't deal with making the trek to the kitchen to put it in the wash. he tucks me in and kisses me good morning. he pep talks me as we do emma's "night night" routine while i get ready for work. he works hard at work AND at home. what a stud.

just as a sidenote, i did NOT take this picture. no pregnant roof climbing for me, thank you. isn't he handsome though?

emma is astounding us with her vocabulary. she says new things everyday that literally leave ryan and i saying "did she just say that?" it's so much fun to watch her little sponge brain soak up the world around her. she's very into giving "besos" (the spanish word for kisses). she'll call for me or ryan and then march on over and plant a big wet one. i adore these. she's very into dancing and loves music. THE thing to do in the murphy house at night is...and i'm not kidding...a toddler tunes dance party in the living room after emma finishes her "din din". she hops down from her chair, reaches out for our hands, and leads us towards the living room to boogie! and she'll tell you when it's time for bed {although we tell her if she doesn't tell us ;) } as she marches off to her room with her blanket proclaiming "nigh nigh".



here i am after just getting home looking SUPER glamorous.  but, i don't go to sleep without my hugs and "besos"!




i'm working on not giving in to her so much. ryan pointed out tonight that i always give her what she wants. if she reaches for something and indicates that she wants it, i usually give in....i guess to avoid a meltdown. he pointed out "If you keep doing that, someday you're going to be that mom in the middle of publix with a child laying limp and screaming on the ground because you won't give her a candybar." that made me laugh so hard. i hate when he's right ;) {it's so hard to say no to that face though....ah! c'mon lady, get it together!}





ohhhh how i'm looking forward to saturday....when i come home, i'm DONE with nights.  good thing too because if it wasn't a moment sooner....I'D be that kid laying limp on the floor screaming!  i'm pretty sure emma would give me what i want.....snuggles....and a few extra hours of sleep! ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...