why hello, thirty!

Sunday, June 3, 2012 |

"how are you doing?" these four simple words popped up in my inbox this week....a sweet inquiry from my neurologist...just checking in on me, seeing how things were going. {love this woman}.

as the sun rises on the first day of my thirtieth year of life....the answer is a blessed one.

i'm doing awesome. truly.

there is a little bittersweetness in this day.  my twenties were jam packed full of so many wonderful days and some of my life's most shaping moments. at 26, i married my best friend ~ a day in which time stands still for me and always will. i've now been with this man for half my life and i thank my lucky stars everyday to be walking life's path with him by my side. i graduated from medical school in june of 2009 and at lunch that day, we surprised our family with the news that we were expecting our first baby.  emma was born in january of 2010 and her little brother benjamin arrived 21 months later in october of 2011.  what a difference three days can make! :)

the medicine residency i started at 27 will come to a close in a few weeks and i will set out on the next part of my professional journey as a hematology/oncology fellow.  i do a little happy dance in my head every time i think about this....i am so excited. and terrified too.

becoming who you are isn't always comfortable.  times of growth comes in times of struggle, hardship, and sometimes just downright doesn't feel all that great. there were many of those moments in the past decade too....and as surprising as it may sound, i'm deeply grateful for them as well.  together, they have all shaped and formed me into the woman i have become. a woman i am proud of.

so today i am 30.  and i am so very happy.  happy in a way that i didn't think was possible when i dreamed of what my life would look like as a sappy, daydreaming teenager.  i'm flawed and imperfect and i embrace fully these parts of myself.  i'm no superwoman as much as i wish i could claim that title.  but....i am a wife, a mother, a friend.....a traveler, a picture-taker, a writer and still a daydreamer. always a daydreamer.

so goodbye twenties....and HELLO thirty.  i think we're really going to like each other.

{just a few highlights.....}
our wedding day. 10.18.08

honeymooners. loving st. lucia!
match day! UF Internal Med here I come!
MD! little did everyone know, there was another big announcement that day :)
pregnant with our first little munchkin!
{jennhopkinsphotography.com}
emma claire. january 11, 2010.
daddy's princess, 3 months old
emma & mommy...1st birthday

another match made in heaven. UF Heme/Onc fellowship!!!

8 months pregnant with our little mister.
{jennhopkinsphotography.com}
and then there were four :) ben arrives on 10.20.11


my little loves :)
mommy's little stud, 6.5 mo

we spent friday night with my dearest of friends and her wonderful husband.  i have officially known elisa for 30 years now and love her like a sister.  my parents invited emma and ben over for a sleepover last night so ryan and i had yesterday evening all to ourselves :)  i initially had grand plans.....but then decided that take in, a bubble bath, and just US time with my hubby was the dream way to spend our little gift of free time.  i'm old.....or wise, you decide.




but you know what. it was PERFECT. we are sipping our coffee with plans for a bday brunch with my family.  i can't think of a more perfect start to my year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...