full and happy

Monday, March 5, 2012 |
well, february, you officially kicked me in the behind.  what a rough 4 weeks you threw my way.  our entire family rallied to get us through this last one and i am so very very happy to have it done.  it's so hard to believe that this journey is almost done....these three years of training are almost behind me. behind us.  gone forever are 30+ hour shifts that leave me so tired i can't see straight.  soon i'll say goodbye to weekends worked and missed moments.  i can't possibly explain what all of this means to me and to my little family.

i'm filled with such appreciation for all of life's little mundane moments. now even more than ever.  i never thought i'd want to change a poopy diaper so badly or clean up emma's room for the 15th time in a day.  laundry. dishes. whatever. it just feels so good to get back to my REAL life.

i'm taking it slow tomorrow morning.  breakfast with my hubby and kiddos. followed by a daycare dropoff ~ i'm sure the girls at school think i don't even exist anymore. were it not for midday visits, they might think i had disappeared!  then it's time to start training. for what, you say? crazy me decided that i want to run a half marathon.  this coming from someone who is notoriously BAD at running.  i want to prove to my 30 year old self that i can do it.  so i've been researching training plans and have my eyes set on a Disney Half Marathon in November.  i'm trying to coerce my girlfriends into joining me so we can all suffer (and triumph!) together.   i'm excited. maybe its just my way of breaking free of the past month of my life....so confining and claustrophobic.  whatever the case may be....i couldn't be more thrilled or feel more free than i do right now.

some everyday moments :: 


that little chin. gets me everytime.



steel blue.



button nose.


clearly she's obsessed.


love the way his little toes collect lint. 


bad lighting. awesome self portrait :)


"i read to baby ben!". you can't tell from this angle but she grabbed his hand and is holding it as she reads. mommy heart melting.

and with that....i leave you to go snuggle with my hubby and relish the fact that the crazy days are over. he surprised me with a delicious healthy dinner tonight and my belly is very full and very happy. just like my heart.

xo, m


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...