little ladybug

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 |
Well, it's been a long while since I've posted but with good reason. We've been settling into our new and exciting role as Emma's parents! The past 6 months have been a whirlwind....and as I look back, I'm absolutely amazed that in such a short period of time we have all learned so much. I have alot of work to do on this blog but time is precious these days. I'll get around to it eventually.
We have lots going on but the most important topic is, of course, EMMA! The counter on my photo storage program tallied the photos taken of her at around 8000 since her birth.....yes, it is true, I am totally obsessed with this child and take pictures of her at every opportune (and sometimes inopportune) moment! What can I say....I love that she's growing and learning about the world around her but I just want it to slow down!!!! I pulled 6 photos from the 8000 to share as a quick progression of her life...

1 month old

our little sun goddess
2 months old

daddy's little girl
3 months old

murphy sunshine
4 months old

5 months old!

happy half birthday
6 months old

She has been, and continues to be an absolute joy to be with. Most of the time I wake up and just thank my lucky stars that we were blessed to be her parents. She has such a wonderful temperament. She cries when she needs something....food, a diaper change, and when she's sleepy (she gets that from me, sometimes I cry when I'm super sleepy too!!!) but for the most part she is a completely content baby. She giggles and smiles ALOT which I think is pretty cool. She definitely has a little attitude on her....she's definitely OUR child. She's a girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to let you know it. She's a big girl....18lbs 8 oz at her 6 month appointment and measuring 26.5 inches long.....which puts her in the 75-90th %ile for both height and weight. She loves bathtime, making a mess when she eats, and "reading" books. She is pretty much obsessed with her walker and her jumper these days and loves standing up with a little help from mom and dad. She's working hard on the crawling thing....getting up onto her hands and knees constitutes her daily workouts....it's so fun to watch her try and put it all together. She say's "mama" regularly and is working very hard on "dada". I could go on and on but the morning is only so long. She is perfect and being her parents is the best thing that has ever happened to us.

Emma, the things mommy loves most about you at 6 months:

- the way you smile, giggle, and flail your arms and legs when you get excited

- your curiosity about the world around you and the way you grab for toys and books you are interested in

- watching you jump up and down so excitedly in your bouncer and cruise like a champ in your walker. i especially love watching you chase deja around the house.

- your diligent attempts to crawl. i love watching you get up on your hands and knees and try to figure out what to do next.

- the way you get so happy to see us when we pick you up from daycare. i also love that you LOVE daycare so much. you get so excited to play with your friends and i love watching you talk to your friends and play with toys together. it's hard to leave you but i know you are learning so much.

- listening to you experiment with sounds. i especially love that you say "mama"!

- the way you reach out for us to pick you up. SO sweet.

- putting you to sleep at night. snuggling with you is one of my favorite things in the world.

- being your mommy. i'm the luckiest lady in the world.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...