what a month!

Monday, August 31, 2009 |

What a whirlwind of a month!!  Both Ryan and I have been so ridiculously busy that it isn't even funny! I have been working on average 80 hours a week in the Intensive Care Unit and Ryan has been busting his butt finishing up the expansion project at Southwest Rec.  We had dinner with my parents last night to celebrate the end of my rotation (which, I might add entailed spending the night at the hospital every 4th night!) and we both just couldn't help but breathe big sighs of relief.  I feel like I'm crawling out of a hole! My life for the past 4 weeks has been work, eat, sleep....pretty much in that order!  It feels AMAZING to be done....and to know that I won't have to be away from my Ryan like that again for a long while.  Phew!  I feel my life coming back and it feels good!

The month started out with the most amazing of treats.  On July 31st, we learned that we will be welcoming a beautiful baby GIRL into the world.....Emma Claire Murphy.  We truly could not be any more excited that we are right now.  Going for that last ultrasound was, second to our wedding day, the most magical day of our lives.  The experience was surreal and amazing in its entirety.  At first glimpse, the most obvious thing was just how much BIGGER she had gotten in just a few short weeks.  The last time we saw her, she was still relatively constricted....her neck had not finished developing enough to be fully extended and her hands and feet were curled up close to her body.  This time, however, it was like looking at a fully formed child.....her neck was extended and her arms and legs were flailing about :) She was kicking with reckless abandon and opening and closing her hands like a champ.  We watched as she waved to us and swallowed and we got to see every single last inch of her.  We got amazing views of her heart, her face (tiny nose and lips and all!), her lungs/stomach/kidneys and every single last vertebrae.  It was totally stunning....all in all she is completely developed.  Everything is there and she just has to mature now! So cool.  We seriously could have watched this all day.

Now at 21 weeks and just 1 lb, her little flutters have transitioned into full fledged kicks and jabs......she must know I'm typing about her because she's going at it right now!  The absolute best part is that she is strong enough that Ryan can feel her now too.....he can finally make tangible contact with this amazing little life that I've have the pleasure of coming to know in the past weeks.  I have never been so happy in my whole life and while I had everything I could ever need in my relationship with Ryan.....this just makes our life so much sweeter.  We cannot wait to meet HER! :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...