is this for real?

Monday, May 11, 2009 |
so apparently i am graduating from medical school on SATURDAY. which means that in less than a weeks time, i will be a doctor.  it doesn't even seem real....people keep asking me if i'm excited and all i can do is nod and say "uh huh!" like a goon.  at this point, i'm just going through the motions hoping that at some point....preferably before i walk across the stage on Saturday....it will hit me.  the flood of emotions is kind of interesting. i'm definitely excited.  but i'm also admittedly terrified.  i KNOW how to be a student. i've done it rather well for the last 20+ years of my life, thank you.  becoming a doctor and starting intern year on july 1 is totally and completely uncharted territory for me.  it means fumbling, looking stupid, asking the proverbial dumb questions, being inept......but more than anything, having the absolute time of my life.  i keep pinching myself and asking...is this for real??? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...