...final countdown...

Friday, March 6, 2009 |

in a little under 2 weeks....we will find out where we will be going for my residency in Internal Medicine. as many of you know, we are hoping to stay here at the University of Florida for a whole host of wonderful reasons....a fabulous program with amazing physicians and residents, Ryan's job that he loves dearly, and of course our wonderful friends and family. i'm not sure that either one of us ever imagined that we'd become Gainesville lifers....i know i sure didn't....but the thought of this becoming a reality is so exciting to me in a way that i cannot explain. i love this town to my very core. i love the weather, the beautiful green that surrounds us, the progressive thinking of the people that live here. there are things i don't love of course but why belabor the point.

the point is...i've spent the last....well, entirety of my life....working for a degree that i will be receiving this May. and we'll find out in a little under 2 weeks where the next part of this journey will take us. words fail at capturing how lucky i am for the support of my amazing ryan. while other people's wives are busy having jobs and actually contributing to the financial soundness of the household....ryan has singlehandedly carried us through. he has stood by my side for every major decision i've made both personally and professionally and he has lifted me up on days that i thought i just couldn't do it anymore. he is, simply put, amazing. he is and always has been my rock. i know that no matter what happens, i will be ok because i have him.

so....march 19th is dubbed match day. i will be handed an envelope inside which my fate lies. i will get up in front of my classmates and announce where i am going for residency. stressful, yes. exciting, yes. finally.....hell yes :) say your prayers for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...